Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Comic Book Recommendation of the Year

FLIGHT VOLUME FOUR
Edited by Kazu Kibuishi


Every time a new one of these come out, I tell everyone how amazing FLIGHT is and how foolish they are for not reading it. Well, volume 4 just came out so here I am again. Jeff Smith's BONE still holds my number one spot for favorite comic, but in regards to comics that are still being published, it doesn't get any better than the yearly short story anthology FLIGHT.

Favorite stories this year:
"The Saga of Rex: Castaway" by Michael Gagne
"The Window Makers" by Kazu Kibuishi
"The Forever Box" by Sarah Mensinga
"Igloo Head and Tree Head" by Scott Campbell
"The Story of Binny" by Lark Pien

I also picked up DEMO by Brian Wood and Becky Cloonan, which I haven't read yet. I am a big fan of Becky Cloonan, especially her work on AMERICAN VIRGIN. I've been told by more than one person my art reminds them of Cloonan's, which I take as a great compliment.

By the way, my computer's broken which is why I haven't put any new art up recently. Flight of the Living Dead series 2 was supposed to start in August, but I don't know if it'll be possible now. I have the first few pages done but no way to upload them.

No comments:

Post a Comment