Saturday, July 12, 2008

Thoughts on Kung-Fu Panda, Guitar Hero on Tour

Kung-Fu Panda blew me away with how good it was. Considering it came from Dreamworks, I was expecting something more akin to Shrek, but if someone showed me this movie without telling me anything about it, I would guess that Pixar made it; it's that good.

Besides just being an entertaining story, though, in every scene I found myself just admiring how the movie looked. The opening dream-sequence, animated in a Samurai Jack-esque style, was an incredibly gorgeous introduction to the movie, and the rest of the movie had beautiful color and shot compositions. If you enjoyed Wall-E and want another great animated movie to watch this summer, do yourself a favor and see Kung Fu Panda while it's still in theaters. It needs to be seen on the big screen.

I played Guitar Hero on Tour today, which is the Nintendo DS version of the popular guitar simulation video game. It has only a fraction the number of songs the regular versions usually do, so after a few minutes it gets a little boring. Also, it hurts the wrist like crazy. I had a hard time finding a comfortable way to play it. It also seemed like they had a hard time getting big-name licenses for this game. The biggest songs on here are a non-single song from Nirvana's "Nevermind" album and a Red Hot Chili Peppers song from 1989.

No comments:

Post a Comment