Monday, March 30, 2009

Wasting time

There's a fun game on Penciljack where you come up with a CD cover, band name, and album title. You just go to a random page on Wikipedia to get your band name, the last four words of the last quote on a page of random quotations, and the third picture on a page of random Flickr images. But recently someone had the bright idea to actually go into Photoshop and design the CD covers. Here are my attempts.


Tuzki is a European instrumental folk group.

John Marshall High School is a late 90's alt-pop band. I also used another quote on the same page for a song title.

I cheated a bit here because the Wikipedia page was for Ohs, a cereal, but I made them The Oh!s, who I've decided are a 2000s garage rock band.

Phalcoboenus is a folky alt-rock band.

Smarty is a Scottish girl who does pop music.

Leaf Blower is a Damon Albarn side project.

Kvíslavatn is an Icelandic pop group that sings in English and clearly loves Wes Anderson movies.

Cheated a bit, but "Plays - Cynical But Hopeful" didn't sound as good. Jonathan Webster Cornett is a one-hit wonder from the 80s.

COCONUT98 is a 90s pop-punk band.

I could go the obvious route and say Plaxton is an emo band, but I'm going to say they're a house electronica band.
And here's the last one, because I really don't think I could do one funnier than this:


EDIT: I've done some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment