Saturday, May 30, 2009

Fables for draw-off



This is for a Fables draw-off at Penciljack. It went up a couple days ago but I'm just now uploading it. It was essentially a sketch because it was all I had time for and I got my ass kicked in the draw-off. Serves me right.

This is Snow White and Bigby Wolf from DC/Vertigo's "Fables." They have five "cubs" in the story, but I only drew three because I finished the third one about 50 minutes before the deadline, which I'd already asked for a two-day extension on.

By the way, while we're on the subject, if you're not reading Fables, I highly recommend it. It's an epic story about a war between fairy tale characters in the present day, and is (in my humble opinion) one of the very best comics to come around in the last decade. Incredibly entertaining, with gorgeous artwork from Mark Buckingham that evokes early Bachalo. Read it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment