Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Character Sketches - April 21

Karl Savage asked where the Sayid drawing I did was, so here it is, along with a Wolverine sketch. Both of these are from months ago, but I never scanned them in for whatever reason.



And here's today's sketch. Over the past few weeks I've been making my way through Carl Sagan's "Cosmos" series on Hulu, which is a science program from the early 80s made to introduce and explain complicated science ideas to laypeople in a way they can understand. I'm a big fan of Sagan, going back to the first time I saw the movie "Contact" in high school, and then went back and read his novel it was based on. I loved the movie but the book is a hundred times better. I then started reading his other books like "Demon Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark" and "Billions and Billions," the former of which started me on my journey into skepticism. I consider Carl Sagan a personal hero of mine, and it's a shame he's no longer with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment