Saturday, October 14, 2006

Comic Announcement

I'm starting a new webcomic, the first installment of which will be released on January 1, 2007. Every Monday I'm putting up a new black-and-white, Manga-sized page here on the site. It's not going to look as slick and clean as my Sundays pages, it's probably going to be quite sketchy and quickly-done. This is a finite series, I've got an ending in mind and it'll probably take me about a year to get there. In fact the entire story takes place over seven continuous hours, so it'll be a fairly short run when I'm totally done with it. Title of the story is forthcoming, it's the sort of title that tells you exactly what the comic is about, so I want to keep it secret until closer to the launch of the webcomic.

Why am I doing this when I've got
The Sundays to work on and two part-time jobs? Partly because I like the story and want to tell it, and I'll be working in a genre that I love and have never done before. But mostly because I want to give myself a small project that I can do in my off-time as sort of a way to loosen up and keep my artistic muscles flexed.

Over the next few weeks I'm going to start putting up sketches and character designs.

1 comment:

  1. "Every Monday I'm putting up a new black-and-white, Manga-sized page here on the site."

    You'd better, or there will be hell to pay. My own personal brand of hell. Complete with we willies Michael Turner comics.

    ReplyDelete