Monday, September 25, 2006

New Artwork To Behold

I haven't had a working scanner for a while so I've been kind of sitting on these pages, not being able to put them up on the website. Tonight I drove to Kinko's and, for the hefty cost of thirty damn dollars, scanned in three pages of pencils and two pages of inks. Good thing the scan quality is so poor on these pages that they are unusable for print. The inked pages look okay on the website, but they scanned it in in color rather than in bitmap mode. So you can see the brushstrokes on the solid black areas, which is not good. And of course, you can see how horrible the pencil scans came in.

Anyway, they're in the pencils and inks galleries. Please don't let their bad scan quality taint your enjoyment of them. I really do like the way they came out. Now I'm working on finishing the pencils for page 7, starting the inks for page 6, and doing layouts for the big page 8-9 double-page spread.

2 comments:

  1. Neat! I like the new pages. I quite enjoy Stuart's facial expressions. And the lockers look really good and perspectived (<--made up word). I don't remember the specific circumstances under which these pages take place, but my only qualm is that if they take place in between classes, there should probably be more people in the hallway. I don't know if that's the case though. Regardless, they look nice. As a side note, how the sh** did it cost you $30 to get those five pages scanned?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first page cost $7 to scan. The other four pages cost $2 each. The blank CD cost $10. And I also got a color copy of one page for $1.78. Total: $28.55.

    ReplyDelete