Saturday, September 30, 2006

No Comic Book Recommendation This Week

Unfortunately, not that much came out this week at Funny Steve's Comic Book Emporium. I got the new Invincible, the new Ultimates and Jack of Fables and American Virgin. They were all really good comics, but you already know that. You've probably read them all too. I even searched Steve's 70% Off "The Shit No One Will Buy" Shelf, but couldn't find anything good to recommend here. Except Strangers in Paradise Pocket Book 2, which surprises me because it's such an excellent book. If anything he should be charging more for it. I already have it though. If you don't, well, then I recommend you buy that, I guess. But get book one first. Otherwise it won't make any sense.

Extras this week was good, though not as good as the David Bowie episode. The Office was excellent, as always. Lost starts back up next Wednesday. I'm going to be very happy for the next six weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Invincible - Good as usual.
    Ultimates 2 - I was disappointed for two reasons. 1.) The cover led me to believe that there would be all out action with all the Ultimate superheroes when in reality, there was only a two page splash with said characters. 2.) There was a lot of build-up to crazy fights with the bad guys who mirror some of the Ulitmates' powers, but most of the fights were two or three pages long a piece, making it seem like the villains posed little to no threat at all in the first place.
    American Virgin - Getting better all the time. I especially think there's something added to the art (which I already liked) now that she has an inker.

    ReplyDelete